Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Big Stumble

Goodness I have been gone since JULY!?! That is a bit embarrassing. I could write all the excuses in the world as to why I haven't posted but to be honest it is mostly because I lost focus. I didn't know what to write about, I started not tracking, stopped attending Weight Watcher meetings, and only working out 2 days a week (and that was only because I had people to go to the gym with and didn't want to let them down). I tried to correct this in September but I didn't start on the 1st, then it was starting on a Monday... then, well you know how that works.

What needed to happen was I needed to recommit to what I started back in November 2011. I started going back to meetings. I tried tracking at least a few days a week and getting in my water intake. I am still not at 100% but I am doing better.

I set a goal of 8 to 10 pounds off by Thanksgiving (in 8 weeks!). That would give me a total weight loss of 40 pounds in one year. Considering I have really enjoyed this year and not changed too much, I call that an amazing win. I still have 60 pounds to go after that but it is one step at a time.

As for things to write about I have found a few new topics that people may be interested in. This will still be about my weight loss journey, races, food, but I will add some other projects along the way. You will see what it like for me to be a stay at home mom and trying to organize my life and home.

First up is some freezer cooking posts. I had a lot of people open up about having questions about how I cook for 5 people, even though we don't live a 9-5 job life. It can get challenging but I have found a way.

This is just that 'sorry I have been gone' post that I hate to write but felt I needed to document that  I did stumble but did not completely fall off that wagon.


No comments:

Post a Comment