Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Try It Tuesday - Chocolate Muffins

For Try It Tuesday this week I attempted to make these chocolate cupcakes from Nomadic Nom Nom.

3 Ingredient Chocolate Cupcakes
That is her photo of the cupcakes and she did say to use an electric mixer for 2 minutes to get the batter fluffy. I read that and thought I knew better. I mixed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds and called it good. The result?




These were more like brownies in texture than fluffy cupcakes. Not a huge deal. Now the important thing, taste. I am not a huge chocolate fan, so why I chose these is a mystery for another day, but I thought they were pretty decent. They didn't have the "diet" taste that so many things do because I wasn't substituting anything other than the eggs and oil. I find if you mess with the sugars in things that is where you can start to taste the change. 

Another thing that was questioned was the points for these muffins/cupcakes. There is no WW P+ total on these anymore but in the comments it was a big discussion. Anywhere from 2 -6 points for these puppies. I went online and created a recipe and found them to be 4 points with the dry mix, pumpkin and chocolate chips. That is if you make 24 cupcakes. 

If you are wondering if they freeze, they sure do. Just cook them up and then pop them in a freezer bag. Microwave for 30 - 45 seconds when you want a chocolatey treat. 

They are not as good as a sugary filled cupcake or a candy bar but they will do the trick to satisfy a sweet tooth. At 4 points each they aren't as bad as a 8 point package for peanut butter cups either. 

This one IS going in the recipe book. 



1 comment:

  1. I thought they were pretty good and I don't like chocolate cake stuff either.

    ReplyDelete