Thursday, October 4, 2012

Send a smile to a stranger

Anti-Bullying Blog

In case you were unaware (as I was) October is Anti Bullying month and I thought maybe it could be taken one step further. Most people could commit to being mindful of what you say and do to one another and try to stop being negative. In my mind that is what being bullying is, sending on the negative energy to make others feel worse and build yourself up. I want to do more. I want to spread positivity to combat the negative that some can not stop spreading. 

My mind was spinning and I started thinking of the Random Acts of Kindness I do with my boys and how we do "Thank a public servant week" spreading joys to those who work in our community. When we do these things and people ask "why", we just explain we want to brighten their day. I also let people know if they would like to "re-pay" us all they have to do is send a smile to the next person they see. That is it, a smile.

So for the month of October (and I am sure for many more months) our family will take each day and do something nice for someone else. Something extra to brighten their day. All we ask in return is that they smile to the next person they see. If they want to do more then they can pass the word along. Let people know that it is not ok to spread the negative energy
 to make yourself feel better. That a smile is what the human race truly needs to get things moving in the right direction. 

I don't have a plan of action for today but I will let you know what we ended up doing the day before.

 *Update: I decided since it was a dreary day our mail person would like a treat. So we wrote a note and set a jar of tomato jam in the mailbox.
Losing It Middle putting the note in the mailbox

 If you would like to share something you did to give others ideas that would be great. 

If you need some creative ideas to do something nice check these websites (but really a simple helping hand works. It doesn't have to be fancy) :


No comments:

Post a Comment