Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Race Thursday AND Saturday? Sure sounds good

Well we are at race #8 AND Race #9 (not to mention #10 will be on Wednesday July, 4th). So here is the breakdown of the past few days.

Forgot to get a race day photo. Here is the front of the shirt instead. OHH.. AHHH..
Race #8 was in Bay City, MI for the St. Stans festival. This festival is a Catholic Polish festival, Polka and all. It was a last minute (like decided that morning) race. I was asked to do it by none other than Alisha a few weeks back, but because it was a weekday and Losing It Daddy works second shift, it was more than likely going to be a no. There was a plan to run with the Losing It Kids (I get 2 and Alisha would take one) but it was not an ideal plan. I have a hard enough time moving myself, now I was going to add 60+ lbs ? We also thought the kids would not do well in the 95 degree heat, we were barely sure WE would do well. The night before, however, Losing It Daddy informed me he would be working first shift and would be home in time to watch the boys. So I decided I was going to do it.

The race was at 6pm and it was a muggy, heavy 96 degrees out. I had not walked a few miles in that kind of heat, let alone run (OH how I love you central air). I made up my mind before arriving I would walk most of it and hope to come in under an hour. It was the usual Bay Runners Club crowd and the race was a difficult one for all. The home owners really helped out by standing on the edge of the road with hoses cooling us off. We also had a few more water stations (I am assume just home owners with cups and coolers as well). Since I had my trusty CamelBak I dumped every ounce of water I received on my head. I can not tell you enough how much a cool head helps you stay focused and feeling like you can continue. As per usual Brandon, Alisha and now Nichole came back and walked with me the last 1/2 mile and  ran the last few yards to the finish. I crossed at 52.16. I wasn't thrilled but given the heat I was going to take that number. I also didn't want to hurt myself for Saturday's race.

I will go into Saturday's race (with photos) in a later post because there is so much to write. I had so much run but again there was a bit more emotion into this one than my last few. I will show you this though.

Losing It Momma and Losing It Sib Lena. We got a bit dirty ; )





Enjoy your journey no matter where you are and how long it has taken to get there.

Losing It Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment