Monday, May 21, 2012

Stats

Well here is the brutal honest truth. Men I am sure you don't get this but women do everything by numbers. We think of the numbers on the scale, we think of the numbers on our clothes, we think of the numbers in the bank account (unless it is something just for us and then those numbers don't matter) and we HATE to share those numbers. That is the part I think guys don't get, the sharing. Yeah men can hate those numbers but they don't feel any or much shame with sharing those numbers with people they know.

Well I am going to share all the numbers as we go along. First we need to start with a base.

Let's go with high school way back in 1999. I was a size 7 and weighed around 135lbs. I am 5 foot 2 inches so that was all in with guidelines for a healthy BMI.

Then I met my first husband in 2000 and we married in 2001. In that time frame I packed on at least 40 lbs eating my feelings. Please understand that is/was not his fault that was 100% mine. I just want to make that clear. I don't remember my size but I can tell you I had to get a second wedding dress because I had gone up 6 sizes in 4 months.

We divorced in 2007, I was 190 lbs and a size 18.

I had met someone and in 2008 I gave birth to our first son. The day he was born I was 249 lbs and since I was pregnant I didn't really have a size. I was able to get down to 200 lbs and back to a size 18 by the summer of 2009 just by being a mom and not eating so much of my feelings.

In 2010 and 2011 I gave birth to our other two boys (they are 360 days apart) and both times I was up to 255 lbs on the days I gave birth.

In August 2011, I joined Weight Watchers online at a size 22 (I guess. All my clothes at this point said XL and I know I didn't fit in the size 20 pants I had) My home scale said I was 240. I liked Weight Watchers but online is not for me. I need the accountability of seeing a person every week. I lost 5 lbs from August to November. Then I decided to go to a meeting and it was like I was home. I weighed in on November 26th at 235 lbs.

It took 21 weeks for me to lose 10 lbs. Yes 21 WEEKS! I needed to figure out what would work and what didn't with the program. Also to be honest some of it I didn't really follow very well. Around Christmas I had too many cookies. January was birthday season (2 of my boys have birthday's right around mine). February I binged on Valentines candy. March was St. Patrick's goodies and April had Easter candy. I then got my act together and lost another 10 lbs in 3 weeks.

As of Saturday May 19th, 2012 I am fitting into size 20 pants and weigh 215.

My goal is to be 134 lbs. I also have a goal of being 190 lbs on September 3rd. The reason is I walk the Mackinaw Bridge on Labor day and I want to be 50 lbs less than I was last year when I set foot on it. It is a tough goal but I think I can make it.



No comments:

Post a Comment